Posts Tagged church
We extend a special welcome to those who are single, married, divorced, gay, filthy rich, dirt poor, yo no habla Ingles. We extend a special welcome to those who are crying new-borns, skinny as a rail or could afford to lose a few pounds.
We welcome you if you can sing like Andrea Bocelli or like our pastor who can’t carry a note in a bucket. You’re welcome here if you’re “just browsing,” just woke up or just got out of jail. We don’t care if you’re more Catholic than the Pope, or haven’t been in church since little Joey’s Baptism.
We extend a special welcome to those who are over 60 but not grown up yet, and to teenagers who are growing up too fast. We welcome soccer moms, NASCAR dads, starving artists, tree-huggers, latte-sippers, vegetarians, junk-food eaters. We welcome those who are in recovery or still addicted. We welcome you if you’re having problems or you’re down in the dumps or if you don’t like “organized religion,” we’ve been there too.
If you blew all your offering money at the dog track, you’re welcome here. We offer a special welcome to those who think the earth is flat, work too hard, don’t work, can’t spell, or because grandma is in town and wanted to go to church.
We welcome those who are inked, pierced or both. We offer a special welcome to those who could use a prayer right now, had religion shoved down your throat as a kid or got lost in traffic and wound up here by mistake. We welcome tourists, seekers and doubters, bleeding hearts … and you!
- The Story Behind the Catholic Church’s Stunning Reversal on Contraception
- On Carrying a Scandal Biblically By Ronald Rolheiser, OMI
- Küng still resists the ‘Roman Inquisition’
- A New Inquisition: The Vatican targets US nuns
- Speak and Act as Prophets Did: The Teachings of Dr. King & Rabbi Heschel
- What type of Church has salvation? Leonardo Boff
- an inclusive church
- Analyzing the Miracles Attributed to Jesus by John S. Spong
- The Penn State Tragedy Highlights the Catholic Church’s Failure
- Miracles As Signs to Be Interpreted: Part XIII “Think Different—Accept Uncertainty”
- My Way into an Interfaith Future – John S. Spong
- Is an Interfaith Future a Possibility in Our World? John S. Spong
- America’s Street Priest – Daniel Berrigan
- Part XI: Beginning a Probe of the Miracles Attributed to Jesus – John S. Spong
- The Christ – He Is Not the Savior of the Fallen – part X of Spong series
- The Great Commission explained – John S. Spong
- A Meditation on the Meaning of a Brief Life by John S. Spong
- The Vatican vs. the Nuns by John S. Spong
- Where Were You When They Crucified My Lord? by Chris Hedges
- The Communal Crucifixion and Resurrection of Jesus by John Dominic Crossan
- Understanding the Source of Evil by John S. Spong Part VI “Think Different – Accept Uncertainty”
- Deconstructing the Story of the Fall – part VIII John S. Spong
- The Corruption of Human Life According to the Bible – Part VII Accept Uncertainty by Spong
- Trying to extract the substantive message of Jesus from all the myth and history
- Rescuing Jesus from Traditional and Progressive Christologies By Michael Morwood